The prompt for today fits well with one of my revision topics for R.S, visions. So I thought I might list 5 things I learned about visions.
- Noetic refers to something that gives knowledge.
- An intelectual vision this means that what is seen is an experience rather than something being just observed, such as saying: can you see that woman?
- Bernadette of Lourdes had a number of visions of the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus. In one of these visions, she was told to dig in the ground at the feet of Mary. When she did this she discovered a mountain spring.
- In the Bible (Matthew 1: 20-21) Joseph, while engaged to Mary, has a dream telling him not to be afraid of marrying Mary, even though she is pregnant and he is not the father.
- An imaginitive vision is a vision that occurs during a dream.