I hope you are having a good day.
Since August last year, I have been enjoying art journaling.
It is really relaxing and I can be as creative as I want.
Today I thought I would write about my top 5 supplies.
- Notebook-Any notebook works, old hard back books whatever you can get your hands on. My current journal is a Moleskine medium plain in black.
- Paint- I have acrylics and watercolours. Generally, I haven’t used the water colour paints much yet. I have some watercolour books out of the library at the moment to try to teach myself.
- Gel pens/ felt tips/ colour pens/pencils- As a stationary lover, this is one of my favourite parts to art journaling. A few of the pens I love to use are Pilot pen in blue, green and purple all three are G-207. I love the way these write. I also have a Pilot frixion ball in purple. (I had a blue one but I can’t find it.) The great thing about frixion pens is they can be rubbed out. Sharpies are also brilliant to add lots of colour. Recently, I have also discovered Uniball -eye fine I currently have a dark blue one. It is great for outlining and for doodles. It writes really smoothly. Another recent discovery is Gelly Roll pens. The colours I have are green, blue, pink, red, orange and yellow. Writing with theses is great but be careful not to let it smudge. I would highly recommend them. I also use Stablo point 88 pens as well as Staedtler triplus fine liners pack of 10.
- Washi Tape- I love this as it decorates anything and with so many different designs, patterns and colours I can always find something new.
- Stencils- Although I do not use these often they are great as there are so many shapes and patterns to choose from.
I am always looking for new supplies so please let me know what supplies you enjoy. I would love to test some new art products. Does anyone know how I can do this?